The first international tournament on weightlifting for the Cup of the President of Russia took place in Belgorod on December 17-18. The tournament has become the first international competition held in Russia after the «Friendship Cup» in 1991.
In the competitions the strongest athletes of the World from Belarus, Hungary, Iran, Spain, China, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Syria, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine and Uzbekistan took part.
The representatives of Russian President Administration, the President of the International Weightlifting Federation, member of IOC T. Ayan, the representatives of regional administration, Russian Ministry of Sports and Tourism, the sport society of the region, Olympic champions: S.Horkina, L.Zhabotinsky, A. Chemerkin, A.Petrov, D.Rigert, N.Kolesnikov, M. Kirzhinov, V.Tregubov, P.Kuznetsov, B.Silitsky, D. Berestov, I.Arsamakov were present at the event among the honoured guests.
Pursuant to the provisions of Russian President Cup organization, five sets of medals in fiveweight categories were competed for, and they were all won by Russian athletes in whose honourthe national anthem of Russia was played five times. Four world records in grown-up categories andone in junior category were set by our athletes. The competition has drawn the great interestamong athletes and supporters.
The competition has been conducted in five categories:
Men up to 94 kg
Men up to 105 kg
Men 105+ kg
Women up to 75 kg
Women 75+ kg
TThe first day of the competition for the Cup of Russian President in weightlifting in Belgorod hasended up with the gala-concert of «Sopranos 10» band.
The tournamanet live broadcasting was shown on TV-channels «NTV Plus» and «Eurosport»for Europe as well as on RFWF site online http://www.rfwf.ru/ and on the official website of Russian Federation President Cup.
Next competition schedule
- Delegations’ arrival, accreditation, participants’ placement. Final applications’ approval.
- 14.30 — 15.00 — Hall opening. Spectators take their seats.
- 15.10 — 17.30 — Men weight category 94 kg.
- 17.30 — 17.50 — Official opening ceremony.
- 17.50 — 19.00 — Women weight category 75 kg.
- 19.00 — 19.20 — Break.
- 19.20 — 21.00 — Men weight category 105 kg.
- 21.00 — 22.20 — Gala-concert.
- 17.00 — 17.25 — Hall opening. Spectators take their seats.
- 17.35 — 18.55 — Women weight category + 75 kg.
- 18.55 — 19.20 — Break. Sponsors’ presentation.
- 19.20 — 21.00 — Men weight category + 105 kg.
- 21.00 — 21.10 — The closing ceremony of the President Cup.
- 22.30 — 01.00 — Athletes’ Award ceremony
- Delegations’ departure